- Rev. Robin Adams – Pastor – email@example.com
- Rev. Sally Hoover, Deacon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Coleman – Children’s Ministry Pastor email@example.com
- Karen Ramirez – Little Lambs Village Preschool director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenny Garcia – Parish administrator email@example.com
- Bino Ramirez, youth pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Gilliam, director of music email@example.com see her website http://www.kimberlygilliam.org/
Vestry (Board of Directors) The role of the Vestry of Church of the Word is to work in partnership with the Rector in crafting and promoting our churches vision. Specifically, this means:
- to articulate a mission and map specific goals and strategies to achieve this
- to mobilize both human and material resources
- to motivate both ministry leaders and congregation members
- to monitor the progress and insure accountability towards specific ministry goals, adjusting in response to both success and failure
Vestry: A board of 9 members, electing 3 every year at our annual meeting.
2016 membership is as follows.
Patty Bridgman (17); Vacant (17); Maurine McElroy (17)
David Clark (18); Mike Fleming (18); Leon Williams (18)
Ann Marie Lewin (19); Ryan Flohrs (19) George Forbes (19)
Treasurer Bob Miller (ex-officio); Chairman Robin Adams (Rector)
Vestry meetings begin with prayer followed by a teaching. The teaching is usually scriptural based but sometimes is developed from life situations, employing biblical principles. The agenda is provided to Vestry members several days prior to the meeting, and other members of the congregation and staff are welcome to attend.
Each Vestry member serves as liaison to one aspect of the mission of Church of the Word. Our budget and financial reports are organized around these ministry areas.
The main responsibility of the Vestry is to manage the finances and property of the parish and to assist the Rector in the broader aspects of our mission. As the Vestry comes together to discern God’s will, we pray and discuss issues until a consensus agreement is achieved. Usually we meet on the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:45pm. A quorum of 5 of 9 is necessary to conduct business. Brief meetings can be held after worship if there is a single and urgent item of business and due notice is given.
Vestry Liaison Assignments (from minutes of first meeting on January 23rd 2017)
David Clark– Senior Warden
George Forbes– Junior Warden
Patty Bridgman– Administration
Ryan Flohrs – Worship
Maurine McElroy– Adult Ministries
Leon Williams – Outreach
Ann Marie Lewin– Family Ministry
Vacant – Teens & Twenties
Mike Fleming– Preschool