This news page started at the time of the press launch of the Windsor Report, produced by the Lambeth Commission, which occurred on Monday, 18 October 2004. We started off primarily with commentary specifically on the Windsor Report, but quickly expanded to news from around the world relating to events in the Anglican Communion and the Episcopal Church USA. This page is updated frequently, so check back often to learn about the latest events.
We are now part of the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic within the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA), and we are repeating these news items here for your edification and awareness. Most items in this list originally appeared elsewhere and may be found by browsing the Internet for similar items of interest.
Ongoing News and Commentary
BREAKING – So. Carolina Decision Is Out (08/02/17)
Foley Beach Comments on the Truro Institute (04/25/17)
Tory Baucum Announces the Truro Institute (04/24/17)
October 2017 Primates Meeting Scheduled (07/29/16)
Communiqué from the Primates’ Meeting 2016 (01/15/16)
Statement from Primates 2016 (01/14/16)
Episcopal Loses Accelerate (10/22/15)
Canterbury buries the instruments of unity (10/03/14)
Lambeth Conference 2018 Cancelled (09/30/14)
How To Shrink Your Church In One Easy Step (08/21/14)
ACNA: The Function of the Archbishop (06/12/14)
ACNA: Who Will be the Next Archbishop? (06/12/14)
Please go to our News and Commentary Archive web page for the complete list of earlier news items.
Currently, 22 out of the 38 Provinces in the worldwide Anglican Communion consider themselves to be in either broken or impaired communion with the Episcopal Church in the United States of America (ECUSA). There are currently 38 Provinces and 6 Extra-Provincial areas under the Archbishop of Canterbury. This count of those who are out of communion with ECUSA has been reported by The Rev. Canon Dr. Bill Atwood of EKKLESIA and has been passed along to us by David Virtue of VirtueOnline.
You may wish to go to the VirtueOnline web site to see a provincial map of ECUSA showing the believed status of each diocese regarding the consecration of Gene Robinson as of September 2004 and the believed relationship of the dioceses to what was then the Anglican Communion Network. The dioceses that endorsed the network are shown as purple. It is offered to further the understanding of the politics of the situation in terms of their geographical distribution.
The Windsor Report is available on the following web sites:
The Anglican Communion Official Website – The Lambeth Commission on Communion
VirtueOnline – The Voice for Global Orthodox Anglicanism
Direct link to the Windsor Report and Commentary on the VirtueOnline web site:
Download a 4-page SUMMARY OF THE WINDSOR REPORT.
This summary will highlight the chief recommendations of the report in a brief form.
You may also want to consult the following web sites for related comments and information:
The Anglican Church in North America
The American Anglican Council (AAC)
AAC News and Commentary
Anglican Communion News Service
Of particular importance, you will want to read:
- Communiqué from the Primates’ Meeting 2016 in Canterbury, England dated January 15, 2016
- Statement from the second Global Anglican Future Conference, Nairobi, October 26, 2013.
- Communiqué from the Fourth Anglican Global South to South Encounter in Singapore, dated April 23, 2010.
- Communiqué from the Anglican Communion Primates? Meeting at the Helnan hotel in Alexandria, Egypt, dated February 5, 2009.
- Statement from the first Global Anglican Future Conference, Jerusalem, June 29, 2008.
- The Way, The Truth, and the Life; Theological Resources for a Pilgrimage to a Global Anglican Future, released on June 19, 2008.
- Communiqué from the Anglican Communion Primates’ Meeting at the White Sands Hotel near Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, dated January 19, 2007.
- Communiqué from the Anglican Communion Primates’ Meeting at the Dromantine Conference Centre just North of Newry, Northern Ireland, dated February 24, 2005.
Please check back for updates to this web page. We will continue to add additional web links and commentary over time.