Thank you to a generous parish who gave $1,500 for Archdeacon Norbert Ayeebo of Ghana as he returns home for the summer.
Congratulations to the 5 families who selected to support (adopt) a Compassion child. Some more information is available this Sunday. Or check Compassion website here. You can select and adopt directly yourself.
The first preschool camp is June 5th -9th the second is August 7th to 11th
We host a DOMA lunch on June 13th volunteers appreciated.
VBS is last week of June.
Prayer Chain – Do you know we have a group of people willing and ready to pray for you or those whom you know and love? People who want to intercede on your behalf to our Heavenly Father? If you have needs that you would like prayer for, please contact Donna Adams 540-341-0045 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team are trusted and all requests are in total confidence. If you would like to be a part of this most important ministry, you can contact Donna and get the details.
See bulletin for special prayer requests.
Tanzania Suitcase We just found out that the visitors are unable to take an extra case on their June visit. We are trying to find another person or group going soon to that part of Tanzania.
Great News! Youth Group is booked for July 16-21 in Nashville, TN! Please pray for this upcoming trip, and each member. May God prepare their hearts & minds to serve those in need, and to give those going the time and energy to work in order to raise the money needed to go. May God be in all the details of this trip. Team members are hiring out their services for a donation to the mission fund. About half the funds necessary have already been raised or donated.
- Work with lower-income children through an organization that offers tutoring, summer camp, a basketball league, job skills training, and other recreational and cultural activities as a positive alternative to the streets.
- Assist refugees through a ministry that engages churches, other organizations, and individuals to assist immigrants and refugees in the region.
- Serve with a local summer school that works to increase literacy to keep kids off the streets and out of the prisons.
- Help teach rising Kindergartners their basics like ABCs, colors, shapes and work with them on reading in a safe summer environment.
- Spend time with individuals involved in a program that offers structured activities to older adults with cognitive or physical limitations.
- Provide help to seniors that are unable to work on the inside and outside of their homes.
- Package and deliver diapers to families through the Diaper Connection.
BOOKSHELF in entryway. Discipleship Essentials book on sale for $10 each. Use it to form a small group of 3 or 4 friends for deep growth.
Scripture Union Bible reading notes are available for the April -June quarter you to pick up for free each quarter. SU also has resources online. Discovery is more for beginners and Encounter with God for more experienced Christians
Essential Jesus bible reading guide $1 each a handy check off list of 100 essential bible passages about scriptures central character.
50 Days of Glory by Mark Pearson not $10 a consideration of the events from Easter to Pentecost.
Plans for SonSurf VBS are in the works! Camp is June 26-30, 9am-12noon; but it can’t happen without trained and excited volunteers! Please sign up on Hall counter to volunteer, and for a training session (Sat, 3/4 or Sun, 4/2). All volunteers must be screened and trained by June 1 so that we can open up registration to families. Lauren.
Sharon and Doris posted pics and a glance at what was a successful Mission Trip to Ireland with YWAM. see notice board or their website here.