Musically Creative will offer summer classes in voice, guitar, keyboard and worship in our building a various times during July and August. It is designed for children of all ages and different levels of music ability. Please refer to their website for details: http://www.musicallycreative.com/
Vestry Notes (meets 3rd Monday of every month) From the 6/19 meeting: Castle room carpet now installed – looks great. We need commitment from several handy woodworkers if we are to install porch railings ourselves. Safety railings have been installed. Modest increases for preschool staff have been approved for the fall. We are on target for yearly giving, but the vestry urge you to maintain your giving over the summer.
“Jesus’s resurrection is the beginning of God’s new project not to snatch people away from earth to heaven but to colonize earth with the life of heaven. That, after all, is what the Lord’s Prayer is about.” N.T. Wright, Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church
Update from Bishop Given Gaula in Tanzania: He continues to expand ministry among the villages and tribes of his area and we continue to raise support for his ministry. We have transferred general ministry funds of about $8,000 to Tanzania. We would like to give 20 more copies of the Aftican Bible Commentary (Swahili edition) for the Kondoa Bible School, write a check to Church of the Word and designate it Tanzania. See bulletin board or Kondoa website for more details.
Golf Tournament for Rotary Club charity in October. Lets form a CWG team! Information on the bulletin board
Thank you to a generous parish who gave $2,500 for Archdeacon Norbert Ayeebo of Ghana as he returns home for the summer, He will be back at VTS in August.
Congratulations to the 5 families who selected to support (adopt) a Compassion child. Check Compassion website here. You can select and adopt directly yourself anytime.
The second preschool camp is August 7th to 11th
Great News! Youth Group is booked for July 16-21 in Nashville, TN! Please pray for this upcoming trip, and each member. May God prepare their hearts & minds to serve those in need, and to give those going the time and energy to work in order to raise the money needed to go. May God be in all the details of this trip. Team members are hiring out their services for a donation to the mission fund. All necessary funds have now been raised. Thank you. Anything extra will go into the youth ministry budget.
- Work with lower-income children through an organization that offers tutoring, summer camp, a basketball league, job skills training, and other recreational and cultural activities as a positive alternative to the streets.
- Assist refugees through a ministry that engages churches, other organizations, and individuals to assist immigrants and refugees in the region.
- Serve with a local summer school that works to increase literacy to keep kids off the streets and out of the prisons.
- Help teach rising Kindergartners their basics like ABCs, colors, shapes and work with them on reading in a safe summer environment.
- Spend time with individuals involved in a program that offers structured activities to older adults with cognitive or physical limitations.
- Provide help to seniors that are unable to work on the inside and outside of their homes.
- Package and deliver diapers to families through the Diaper Connection.
Congratulations to the adult education class who completed the 26 week course Discipleship Essentials.
Scripture Union Bible reading notes are available for the July – September quarter. SU also has resources online. Discovery is more for beginners and Encounter with God for more experienced Christians
Essential Jesus bible reading guide $1 each a handy check off list of 100 essential bible passages about scriptures central character.
Sharon and Doris posted pics and a glance at what was a successful Mission Trip to Ireland with YWAM. see notice board or their website here.